I would love to join a team of professionals where I can challenge myself as a designer and produce inspiring work.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD my resume
Freelance Art Director/Designer
February 2009 – Present
Currently I work independently and with in-house designers on exciting projects for clients including Thomson Reuters, the Mayo Clinic, Pearl Izumi and others. Projects commonly include the planning and layout of direct mail pieces, catalogs, web ads, email, logo design, icon design, spot illustrations and specialty pieces.
Art Director – Red Circle Agency
January 2008 – February 2009
This position required the ability to juggle a number of different skills at the same time with a high level of expectation on results. Worked with management and creative teams to create, maintain, and evolve brands for new and existing clients. I oversaw a pool of lead and junior designers, while managing tight deadlines on numerous projects from conception to completion in a variety of media. Worked to streamline internal processes, helped manage job traffic and expand the creative capabilities of my team.
Lead Designer – Red Circle Agency
March 2006 – January 2008
Created branding concepts and translated them to real world pieces including reoccurring ads, direct mail, outdoor advertising, and on-site promotions. I served as part of a creative team to launch and maintain brands in different media and maintaining brand standards on work created by junior designers.
Graphics Lead – United Hardware Distributing Company
July 2003 – March 2006
I was responsible for the design and layout of monthly sale circulars for national hardware/lumber chains continuing established branding. My job duties included photo direction, designing internal collateral materials including mailers, trade show graphics and other printed materials.
Art Director/Graphic Designer – MUSE magazine
March 2002 – June 2003
I served as the lead creative in charge of the design and layout of an award winning arts publication. My duties including planning page counts and article placement, picking features, photo direction as well as working directly with members of the editorial board. During my time on the magazine it saw continual increases in demand, as well as the winning AdFed Addy Awards.
Graphic Designer/Production – Unique Screen Media
August 2001 – March 2002
Created targeted ads that were shown nationally in movie theaters. This client facing position had me planning both static and animated advertisements. I managed many projects at the same time, while working directly with clients.
Senior Designer – Xtreme Web Solutions
June 2000 – June 2001
Served as head creative member of the company designing web sites and promotional work. I was responsible for concepts and finalizing designs, overseeing a team of three people, and working directly with coders and sales staff for the life of the projects.
- Interviewed by Der Speigel Online about art project that went viral in September 2012
- Chosen as one of the 41 artists for the 2011 Minneapolis Art Crank Poster Show
- Work chosen by Dynamic Graphics magazine as one of “12 Eye-opening Re: Designs” [Dec/Jan 2009]
- Published in Best of Business Card Design 8 
- Winner of a 2004 Central Minnesota AdFed Gold Addy award
- Winner of four 2003 Central Minnesota AdFed Addy award
- Numerous speaking engagements / presentations at St. Cloud State University
- art department
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Graphic Design
Saint Cloud State University [June 1996-2001]
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Held numerous positions of AIGA / Student Graphic Design Association board – Saw membership increase with each year I was involved from 4 to 20+
- Associate and Manager of the Open Design Studio – Created public art works and worked on various design projects for University Art Department
- Attended 1999 AIGA design camp on scholarship
- Works shown in 98-99 and 99-00 student body art exhibitions
- Nominated for Excellence in Leadership Award
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Edge Animate
- Adobe Digital Publishing
- Sketchbook Pro
- Apple OS X
- Pencil, paper, and ink